Saturday, August 2

Mr. Sandman . . .

Who else has had a tough week?

I’m a chronic insomniac, so not sleeping is just life for me. However, the trip made it so much worse that I’m actually seeing a physician on Tuesday, in hopes of getting some chemical help.

In China, I went without adequate sleep due to the 3/4” plywood that passes for a mattress in the hotels there. Now that I’m home, you’d think I’d be blissfully drifting off to dreamland in my own comfortable bed. But no.

We had dinner with Don and Brenda Tremblay last night and Brenda spoke about being “off” too, so I’m glad to know it’s not just us. But she and Carl are, at least, sleeping. Me, meh. Last night I finally hammered myself into a coma with the help of wine, vodka, an OTC sleeping aid, and Advil. Got five hours out of the deal—almost heaven.

If you have suggestions for beating jet lag/insomnia that are less expensive than the cocktail described above, I’m all ears.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exercise has always been my cure for insomnia, which seems to run in my family. The kids won't listen yet...
Sue, ERC

Anonymous said...

Hi, Micky

Hope you're back to normal. I'm sleeping ok - still dreaming weirdly dreams, though. - Brenda

Micky said...

Got some meds from the doc. But what's really helped is being up at Sandy Pond. Fresh air is a great curative!

I'm having some pretty epic dreams, too.

Carl said...

Yes! As Elmer Fudd said, "Oh, boy. West and Welaxation."